This is not a LOVE poem

(Author's Note: I wrote this about 6 or 7 years ago. I laugh at this poem because this is when I thought I was in love for the first time, but to be honest I've never been in love or at least a real love. My writing style used to be more like thought than structure so for the sake of being authentic, I never corrected the punctuation and grammar in this poem. I hope it doesn't make your eyes too sore.)

I wished you loved me the way I loved you
But you don't
And I can't help but to see the tears trickle down my face as your love escapes your body and you write her love poems...
Poems...
The sweetest songs that kiss the pages of your notebook
however, she will never love you as much as I and so
I leave these feelings tucked away in a bottle hopeful that just maybe it will sail to a island in which your heart is apart of
Each stanza of your poems ripping and sucking the pit of my soul out of me until I have nothing left
What do you desire that I could not possibly possess???
Tormenting my brain, day and night driving me insane
I realize that she is no prettier than me although she has your heart and yet still I can't seem to become apart... This is NOT a Love poem all but merely the jar of tears next to the love letters I wrote  residing by my bedside that I was simply tired of collecting and my tears will now not be shed because my love letters remained unread...

Comments

Popular Posts