B I G HOMEGURL

(Author's side note: This poem is filled with some satire and sacasm as it relates to the black fat experience. You can hear it recited by me at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtLN76G9oA Stop treating us like the mammy and put some R E S P E K on OUR N A M E S. We are not side chicks or just late night rendezvous. We are wives and deserve love in addition to so much respect.)


         Big Homegirl
                By Keysha Rene McDowell

The big homegirl and your insecurities are suffocating from my chest as your new born baby attempts at breast feeding from my breast. Star athlete from my high school slides in my dm with corny pick up lines like carpe diem.

You say I'm the thick that you like and your girl can't provide. Late nights when they often worship our bosoms because more cushion for the pushin yet our crushes act like they ain't looking, but are often the first ones to ask about soul food homemade cookin.

You ask me bout breaking some cycle of your insecurities for being too thin and I'm sorry homegirl, but my fat ain't a sin. I'm the grand prize that should be on his chain so his friends know my name.

Don't excuse my fat because I didn't ask for permission. Oh those "Jelly roll thighs" still got your man hypnotize. He stay calling my phone and won't leave me alone. Done blocked his cellphone so please call Tyrone and tell your man to quit calling my phone.

We not all at home hating or anticipating instead we the ones that try to stall you out because being the side hoe is not what we are about. Your approach to me should never be about how my fat just makes you want to get close to me. I'm not a different species so don't be ashamed that you like to look at me.

I'm not pretty for a big girl because nigga I'm beautiful period. My ambition can not be defined and my hustle makes so many delirious that when you ask what I'm building you find yourself asking am I serious?

Fat movies gives us names that often  attempt to put us to shame. We are people and we are not these shells so sorry to break it you, lovin the big homegirl won't send you to hell. 

Comments

Popular Posts