Shell of a Woman I used to know

I used to know her or at least I thought I did.
Hearts intertwined like my subconscious mind.
When she cried, I cried because with the closeness we had I felt her hurt inside.
Now I reminisce on if I missed the signs that maybe she was dying inside.
Pain that she survived, but still turmoil left inside.
A magician at hiding in plain sight.
She now sleeps the days away and her eyes- no longer the same.
The coos of her seed are the softest melodies. Will his joyous laugh awake her from her dreams?
Will the life that fills his eyes reignite her soul to breath?
The shell of a woman I see who once had the grasp of life within her reach.
She's just existing and I don't know to pull her out with all the depression she's been suppressing.
I don't want to be the trigger that makes her sanity quiver.
The sweetest soul I know is battling more than what meets the eye.
Medicate to dissipate within her somber mind.
Muting the noise that torments her poise.
The shell of a woman that I used to know.
I pray her soul returns to whole.

Comments

Popular Posts