An unfinished letter to Blue

Dear Blue,

I still sometimes find myself crying for you. No matter how long it's been it still doesn't seem like my heart will mend.

Today would've been your 60th birthday, but I like to think of you like a timeless classic frozen in time. Can't picture you getting older so I reflect on mental polaroids of your forever glowing soul.

Sometimes I time travel in my mind to a time when everything was just fine. The time clocks never seem to slow down and no matter how long it's been I still wish you were around.

About a week ago I saw a woman at the Houston Airport who looked just like you. My eyes nearly buldged out of their sockets,  my palms got sweaty, and my heart jumped as a lump formed in my throat. To say the least, I nearly choked.

For a moment I played with the thought that maybe you pulled a Tupac on some Enoch. There's still those moments when I like to forget and wish that mystical fairytales were actually real.

Maybe if heaven developed a time machine I could time travel just to get to you or maybe if I stayed asleep long enough I could dream of just us two. I find myself longing for the days of your cheerful smiles, everything will be okays, and gleaming hazel eyes twinkling with forever always.

You were my sunny days through winter storms. The love you had for me seemed to always keep me warm. Guess the sun shining bright today was your way of smiling to stop me from drowning in the fountain of tears I've been collecting for years.












Comments

Popular Posts