Ghetto Sanctified: A Christian Sista ALWAYS getting tried

Sometimes I feel like my belief in Jesus gives people the assumption that I'm this passive meek person that never makes mistakes, but on the contrary I'm quite the opposite. People will try to deliberately use your belief as some type of magical hall pass to be disrespected. As a believer it's a given that you will be tried and face adversity, but those who try you must also recognize that the army of God are far from punks or push overs. People highlight turning "the other cheek" as if the bible didn't also have gangstas like Samson, David, or even Joshua (just to name a few) who were not afraid to stand up for what was right. People love to say "oh, but aren't you supposed to be a Christian?" as if that excuses intolerable behavior. I don't subscribe to the traditional belief of organized religion. I believe in Jesus bottom line. With having Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, the specifics of religion aren't what matter to me because serving Christ is the MAJOR KEY.

If you don't know anything else about me recognize that I'm ghettosanctified. I'm the balance between being righteous and unrighteous. I'm flawed, but everyday make it a habit to strive in order to be better than past versions of myself. I'm forever evolving, but I also mess up and fall short. I believe that's what attracts me the most to the belief in Jesus. Being able to have a relationship with someone who loves all of you. Someone who knows even the darkest parts of your mind, but still sees your heart. A person who doesn't throw your past in your face to hurt you, but has a way of using the very things that tried to take to out to build you up. There aren't many people that have even an ounce of love as pure as what I've described. I used to long for the day when someone saw all of me and loved me unconditionally anyway, not realizing that person has been inside of my heart and walking along side of me since before I was even a thought.

It's amazing that God can take a person that most deem unworthy and find worth in them. God has the ability to erase your past and transform you to the point of unrecognition. God can transform anybody. Even with transformation on a great level we all fall short of the glory of God sometimes and that doesn't make us any less worthy because Jesus loves us despite our flaws. Everyone's walk with Jesus is unique. Don't let minor mistakes on your journey get you off your path to greatness.

I say all this to you guys because I've found myself having to remind myself of this lately. I've found myself losing patience with a person who has tried to deliberately attempt to insult my character and manipulate situations for their own enjoyment. You can only "turn the cheek" for so long. Although, there were times when I allowed myself to give in to emotions, I'm grateful to God for being able to hold composure enough not to resort to violence even though I was close to. We all have our breaking points in the midst of conflict, but every difficult situation is a chance to evolve for the better. I'm happy to finally be in a happier space and no longer have to live with the room mate from HELL. Even when somethings look like a minor setback in my growth, I realize that I'm nowhere near the person that I used to to be and I applaud myself for the small victories. I look forward to getting back to blogging more. If anyone is encountering some form of conflict and happen to come across this post I just want to tell you everything that you are experiencing is temporary. Even some of the  holy saints get tried sometimes. You are better than anything that the enemy tries to throw at you and your peace will be restored! Stay strong, I'm praying for all of you. <3





Comments

Popular Posts