A letter from H O M E

Dear Black M E N,

Why do so many of you brothers hate us? Why don't you make more songs to celebrate us rather than downgrade and degrade us?

Didn't we birth you? We held you down even when you didn't deserve us to. How inconsiderate to spit in the faces of the ones who nurtured you.

Why you keep letting main stream media rape us? Ya'll let them continue to rob us blind and many of you still won't even date us.

Who told you the party was over and to start giving us the cold shoulder? When did you start being scared of your own reflection? When did it become okay for the world to leave you second guessing?

How dare many of y'all stop recognizing us as a blessing.

Your insecurities got me stressing. These are questions I've been suppressing. When did you stop recognizing your own ribs and when did it become okay to start walking out on your own kids?

I got hope for you even when you don't want me to. Stop shooting each other and start protecting your brother. Stop beefing about colors and create change in one another.

Step up the plate because it's never too late.

We value you when the news says we shouldn't. We've been known to overcome all boundaries when the world said we couldn't.

I value you even when so many of you stopped valuing me because when I look at you all I see is little parts of me. The years of mental enslavement tried to hold you down like the gun you found when your pops was not around.

Royalty in the highest so don't continue to let this world divide us because the warrior spirit is still inside us. These questions were simply expressed to say dear black men come home cuz I'm tired of seeing black women raising your cubs alone.



Comments

Popular Posts