Confess

I have this secret I must confess. 

I just may be as tainted as the rest.

I’m no better than old friends I detest.

I don’t know how or when it happened, but I 
became the source of my own pain. Seeking 
acknowledgement with ego to blame. 
Stopped being a sister to those who 
once regarded me as pure. Them pure
intentions I once had now appear to 
be obscure. 

I got this dark confession to make. 

Secrets that’ll make you regard me as fake.
I’m not as good of a person as I once regarded myself and I’m seeking some redemption as well as some spiritual help. I want to be who people think I am, 
but there were many years when I stayed broken slain 
as a wounded lamb. 

I have these secrets that I’ve been hiding and they’ve eaten me alive to the point of crying. 

Mirrored reflections of neglect nearly costing me my self-respect. Naked and insane they call me while strapped to a bed drugged up while starving. 

Will they still care if I reveal all my scars? Will I still be the one they regarded as a shining star? At times it feels like my dreams linger very far. 

Sometimes I don’t even see who they often portray me to be. Maybe I’m not as sweet as the person I’ve convinced myself to see. Sometimes I feel like a fraud that no one knows or sees. I want to be better than my darkest broken dream. 

All these secrets I must confess, pray you don’t detest me as I did my best.


Comments

Popular Posts