A Dream, but no DOLLA

Can you believe I've started this post more times than I can count? I've always tried to pride myself on finding the "right" words to say. Maybe it's the Scorpio in me. A perfectionist when it comes to the art of words. Oh what a shame, but I'm tired. I'm tired of my dreams not materializing into something real and true. I'm the embodiment of a starving artist, but sometimes I feel like my faith has been starved. Sometimes I feel like I'm holding on to fragments of hope, but there are these moments. These simple moments when I encounter someone who has read my book or a blog post who tell little old me that I made them feel like they are not alone. Those moments... These moments... Simple yet insightful moments that make me feel like maybe I can keep going a little while longer. Maybe...just maybe I have a little more fight. I'm not seeking validation,  but damnit I want my flowers while I can smell them. Although... quite possibly... that might not be the best quote to use here since I hate the smell of flowers because they remind me of funerals. Too many funerals to count or even want to think about.

Back to those moments... I feel like they always happen when I ask for a sign to keep writing and trying to push my books. The more moments I encounter, the more I realize how necessary these moments are to test you and determine how much you want your dream. We always say how much we want the business and career, but will you still push after two years or more with little to no major success? We see so many popcorn and viral success stories around us so it's easy to feel entitled to thinking your destiny and dreams should collide with you overnight. Would music still leave you with that burning fire after 15 years of no radio spins? Would you send another screenplay after the last 29 were rejected? These moments always remind me of the meme where the guy is digging for gold and turns around just before he hits the jackpot. Do we give up too early or how late do we wait. We hear/see the stories of the Tifanny Haddishes or Kevin Harts, but how long will you press? How long will you keep going?

I don't know about you, but not going after the dream scares me more than failure. Persistence and consistency have no choice, but to make room for you. Many times we give up too easily because it's easy to get discouraged. Your family and close friends believe it or not will most likely NOT be your biggest supporters. You'll even notice with many of the ones who say they support you, their actions will say the total opposite. Regardless of having support or not, you have to keep going. You owe it to yourself to keep pressing and fighting until you fulfill all that you've ever dreamed of. If you have a dream, but no dolla and are looking for a sign to keep going ----> HERE IT IS. We all get tired, but the dream will never rest even if you give up. The constant nagging and regret will taunt you. Why even bother with that added stress? GO AFTER IT. YOU CAN DO IT. We are ALL tired, but we must keep pressing because eventually, we'll get there!


Comments

Popular Posts