How "woke" is too "woke"?

How woke is too woke?

One day, while leaving this restaurant after having an amazing dinner with one old friend and three new friends, I came in contact with this girl. Oh yeah she was super deep. You know high girl off of Daria deep. It was a lot and all I did was greet her with love. I started telling her about my book and we started trying to connect, but she came off too aggressive. 1. Don't try to change things about me after just meeting. 2. I love to learn, but there is a way in which you must teach me. 3. Baby girl just relax. You are trying too hard to be deep.

Thoughts are good, but don't hurt yourself homegirl. Honestly. Truly. It's safe to say she almost rubbed me the wrong way if I wasn't so into accepting everyone for who they are lately. Nevertheless, I still gave her my contact info because she said she was new in town and wanted to meet some genuine people to be honest with her. Y'all know I'm honest Abe so that was right up my alley and that would maybe open dialogue in the future for why she was trying so hard. As I went home, I began to ponder our brief encounter in search of understanding. Why did she feel the need to throw her insecurities on me like that? The energy she threw at me almost gave me whip lash it was so strooooongggg.

I've met so many people throughout my life who consider themselves woke, but it really got me wondering. How woke is too woke? I'm all for being aware and conscious, but I do N O T think people should bombard others with unwanted information that was never asked for in the first place. The right people will seek information from you if your heart is in the right place so you don't have to force it. It reminds me of something pastor Toure' Roberts says. "Don't be so Heavenly minded that you're no good to earth and don't be so earthly minded that you are no good to the kingdom ". I believe the same goes for consciousness because there is a such thing as being so conscious to the point that you are no longer able to live freely because you think too much. I used to think too much and sometimes if you do then that can make you a slave to your own thoughts.

Don't get me wrong the girl I met said nothing too crazy- she just kept making so many obnoxious observations about me speaking in the present when she didn't realize her mind wasn't even in the present. I have a good gift of reading people and her soul seemed so lost. She seemed so far away while standing in front of me. Stay present, but don't be such a slave to your thoughts so much that you start to hold others captive without their consent.


                                                                                         Emiko Love

Comments

Popular Posts